1) Children can be particularly picky when it comes to the foods and products they like. Do your products pass the “kid test”?
Yes! I initially created Primal Pit Paste for my children, and decided to include two flavors kids would be into: Orange Creamsicle and Lemonade.
2) Tell me about the origin of your company.
Primal Pit Paste was born from a quest to find natural and safe personal care products for my family to use that actually work. When my grade school daughter came home one day with a noticeable body odor, I was surprised because of her age. I then made it my mission to find a product I felt was safe enough for my daughter to use. I didn’t want to put toxic chemicals on my young child, but I was never able to find a natural alternative that actually worked. Many of my friends were just as concerned about the chemicals in ordinary personal care products and felt that the other natural products they used were not really effective.
My concern turned to a primal energy to protect my daughter and provide the world with a safe alternative to harmful products. I turned that energy into research, and that research into Primal Pit Paste. I believe that through Primal Pit Paste, I have succeeded in making a healthy, organic deodorant that actually works for all types of moms, dads, kids, and athletes alike. All of our products are gluten free, cruelty free, with certifications from Leaping Bunny, and are currently undergoing the USDA Organic and Non-GMO Verified certification processes. Additionally, our products are vegan with the exception of a few that contain beeswax. We like to refer to them as “beegan!”
3) It is an accepted notion in the medical community that since celiac disease is a digestive issue (and things absorbed through the skin do not get digested), it’s okay for celiac sufferers to use products containing gluten on the skin. I’ve found that when I wear makeup that isn’t gluten-free, my skin reacts terribly. This could be unrelated to celiac disease, or it could be related in a way that we haven’t yet figured out. What are your thoughts on this?
I can’t say there is a definite relation between products containing gluten and skin irritation with celiac sufferers; however, with all the information out there about the toxic chemicals in our food, and the obvious realization of skin patch technology, it’s clear that what we put on our skin is as important as what we eat.
4) How does your company decide what ingredients are safe to use?
Extensive research and utilization of Environmental Working Group guidelines for toxic ingredient ratings, as well as expert technical direction from our cosmetic chemist and world-renowned essential oil expert.
5) Is the company still experimenting with new products or new ingredients?
Primal Pit Paste’s passion comes from innovation using superior food grade, organic ingredients. We are currently in the process of coming out with several new lines of products for body and skin care that definitely crack the code in the natural, personal care industry!
6) Aside from the ingredients, what is different about your products?
All of our products are small batch, handcrafted, and made with love right here in Austin, Texas. We have three different strengths of deodorant in several magnificent flavors, personalized for your body chemistry, as everyone’s is different.
7) It looks like your product line is growing. Has this always been your vision? What’s next?
Oh yes. Our latest focus has been with the extension of our oral care. Stay tuned!
Learn more about Primal Pit Paste at primalpitpaste.com.